Paeonia x ‘Bartzella’
Paeonia x 'Bartzella' - Fast Facts
Learn more about Paeonia x ‘Bartzella’
- Name: Paeonia x ‘Bartzella’
- Bred by: A result of specialized hybridization within the Paeonia genus.
- Introduced: The introduction year is not widely documented, but ‘Bartzella’ is a relatively modern cultivar.
- Growth: Typically grows to about 2-3 feet in height and spread.
- Blooms: Noted for its large, showy, double-form flowers.
- Color: The blooms are a striking yellow, often with a hint of red at the base of the petals.
- Foliage: Features lush, deep green foliage that beautifully complements the bright yellow blooms.
- Flowering: Blooms in late spring to early summer.
- Climate: Hardy in USDA zones 3-8, adaptable to a range of temperate climates.
- Disease Resistance: Shows good resistance to common peony diseases but may be prone to fungal diseases in overly damp conditions.
- Growing Classification: Intersectional or Itoh hybrid peony.
- Origin/Distribution: As a hybrid, ‘Bartzella’ combines traits from different Paeonia species, mainly native to Asia.
- Blooming Season: The peak bloom period is in late spring.
Should you Buy One?
‘Bartzella’ is an exceptional choice for gardeners seeking a peony with a striking color and robust performance. The vibrant yellow blooms are relatively rare in peonies, making this a standout selection for adding brightness and contrast to a garden. Its ease of care and vigorous growth habit make it appealing for both novice and seasoned garden enthusiasts.
Peony 'Bartzella' Specific Care
This peony thrives in well-drained, fertile soil and prefers a full sun to partial shade location. Planting at the right depth is essential for optimal flowering. It requires regular watering, particularly during dry spells, and benefits from a balanced fertilizer applied in the early spring.
General Peonies Care Tips
- Soil: Best in rich, well-drained soil.
- Sunlight: Full sun is ideal, but they can tolerate some shade.
- Watering: Maintain consistent moisture, especially during the growing season.
- Fertilization: Apply a general-purpose fertilizer once a year in early spring.
- Pruning: Cut back the stems to ground level in the fall.
- Support: May require support due to the weight of its large blooms.
FAQs about Paeonia x 'Bartzella'
Typically, ‘Bartzella’ peonies reach full maturity and maximum blooming capacity in about 3-4 years.
Yes, they can be grown in large containers with proper drainage, though they usually perform best when planted in the ground.
- Yes, like many peonies, ‘Bartzella’ can attract bees and other pollinators to your garden.
Peony Arrangements in Calabasas
Immerse yourself in the timeless beauty of our peony arrangements at Calabasas Blooms and secure your order today. Revel in the convenience of our same-day flower delivery service, dedicated to serving Calabasas and its neighboring areas. Transform any occasion with the breathtaking allure of our stunning blooms, meticulously arranged to add a touch of grace to your special moments.