Rosa Grandiflora ‘About Face’
- Name: Rosa Grandiflora About Face
- Bred by: Meilland International
- Introduced: 1965
- Growth: Tall, upright shrub, 4-6 ft in height, 3-4 ft spread
- Blooms: Large, double blooms
- Color: Deep orange-red with a reverse of golden-yellow
- Foliage: Dark green, glossy leaves
- Flowering: Repeat blooming throughout the season
- Climate: Suitable for USDA zones 6b and warmer
- Disease Resistance: Good disease resistance
- Growing Classification: Grandiflora Rose
- Origin/Distribution: Bred by Meilland International in France
- Blooming Season: Late spring through fall
Should you Buy One?
Consider adding Rosa Grandiflora About Face to your garden if you admire the striking contrast of deep orange-red blooms with a reverse of golden-yellow. This tall, upright shrub rose offers continuous blooming throughout the season, creating a bold and eye-catching display. With good disease resistance and an elegant growth habit, it’s an excellent choice for rose enthusiasts.
Rose Care for 'About Face'
‘Rosa Grandiflora ‘About Face” thrives in full sun, so ensure it receives ample sunlight. Plant it in well-draining soil enriched with organic matter to promote healthy growth. Maintain consistent moisture in the soil, especially during the growing season. Apply a balanced rose fertilizer in spring and early summer to support blooming. Prune in late winter or early spring to maintain shape and encourage new growth while removing any dead or diseased branches. Regular monitoring for pests and diseases is advisable to ensure its well-being.
General Rose Care Tips
- Sunlight: Ensure roses get 6-8 hours of direct sunlight daily.
- Watering: Water deeply and regularly at the base, preferably in the morning.
- Soil and Drainage: Use well-drained, organically rich soil.
- Mulching: Apply mulch to retain moisture and control weeds.
- Fertilizing: Use a balanced rose fertilizer in early spring and throughout the growing season.
- Pruning: Prune in late winter or early spring to remove dead branches and shape the plant. Regularly deadhead spent blooms.
- Pest and Disease Control: Monitor for pests and diseases and treat promptly.
- Air Circulation: Space roses to ensure good air flow around the plants.
- Winter Care: In cold climates, mulch the base after the first hard frost for protection.
- Regular Inspection: Check roses often for signs of stress or damage.
FAQs about Rosa Grandiflora 'About Face'
‘About Face’ roses typically reach a height of 4-6 feet, making them a tall and eye-catching addition to the garden.
Yes, the large, deep orange-red blooms of ‘About Face’ make it an excellent choice for cut flower arrangements.
‘About Face’ roses have a mild, pleasant fragrance that adds a subtle aroma to your garden.
Rose Arrangements in Calabasas
Explore the exquisite beauty of our rose arrangements in Calabasas and place your order today. Experience the convenience of our same-day flower delivery service, serving Calabasas and its neighboring areas. Elevate any occasion with our stunning blooms, thoughtfully arranged for your special moments.