Crimson Blaze Sunflower
Crimson Blaze Sunflower: Fast Facts
- Name: Crimson Blaze Sunflower
- Bred By: Developed by professional breeders specializing in sunflower varieties
- Introduced: Specific year of introduction is not commonly known
- Growth Habit: Upright and tall, typically reaching heights of 5-7 feet
- Blooms: Striking and vibrant with deep crimson-red petals
- Color: Deep crimson-red petals with a dark brown or black center
- Foliage: Large, dark green leaves
- Flowering Time: Late summer to early fall
- Climate: Thrives in warm climates with full sun, but can adapt to various conditions
- Disease Resistance: Generally good, but monitor for common sunflower pests
- Growing Classification: Annual
- Origin/Distribution: Bred for ornamental use and widely available in various regions
- Blooming Season: Late summer to early fall
Should you Buy One?
The Crimson Blaze Sunflower is a stunning choice for gardeners seeking a bold and captivating addition to their garden. Its deep crimson-red petals create a dramatic and eye-catching display, making it a perfect centerpiece or focal point. This sunflower variety is relatively easy to grow and can be enjoyed by gardeners of all skill levels.
Crimson Blaze Sunflower Specific Care
To ensure the health and vibrancy of Crimson Blaze Sunflowers, provide them with full sunlight and well-draining soil. Due to their tall growth, staking may be necessary to prevent bending or breaking of stems. Consistent watering, particularly during dry spells, is essential to support their growth and maintain the intense crimson-red color of the petals.
General Sunflower Care Tips
- Sunlight: Sunflowers, including Crimson Blaze, require full sun, ideally 6-8 hours daily.
- Soil: Plant in well-draining soil enriched with compost or organic matter.
- Watering: Maintain consistent moisture, providing about 1-2 inches of water per week, increasing during hot, dry periods.
- Fertilization: Apply a balanced fertilizer at planting and periodically during the growing season.
- Pest and Disease Management: Keep an eye out for common pests like aphids and diseases like mildew, and treat as needed.
FAQs about Crimson Blaze Sunflower
They can reach heights of 5-7 feet, depending on growing conditions.
While it’s possible, the tall stature of Crimson Blaze Sunflowers makes them more suitable for garden beds.
Yes, like other sunflowers, they can attract bees and other pollinators to your garden.
Sunflower Arrangements in Calabasas
Explore the exquisite beauty of our rose arrangements in Calabasas and place your order today. Experience the convenience of our same-day flower delivery service, serving Calabasas and its neighboring areas. Elevate any occasion with our stunning blooms, thoughtfully arranged for your special moments.