Procut Red Sunflower
ProCut Red Sunflower: Fast Facts
- Name: ProCut Red
- Bred By: Typically developed by professional breeders focusing on cut flower varieties
- Introduced: Exact year not specified
- Growth Habit: Upright, typically reaching heights of 4-6 feet
- Blooms: Large, striking red or deep burgundy blooms
- Color: Red to deep burgundy petals with a dark center
- Foliage: Dark green, coarse-textured leaves
- Flowering Time: Mid-summer to early fall
- Climate: Adaptable to a wide range of climates, but prefers warm conditions
- Disease Resistance: Generally good, but should be monitored for common sunflower pests and diseases
- Growing Classification: Annual
- Origin/Distribution: Bred for cut flower production, widely available in various regions
- Blooming Season: Late summer to early fall
Should you Buy One?
ProCut Red is an excellent choice for those who appreciate sunflowers and are looking for something visually striking and different from the classic yellow sunflower. Its deep red blooms make it a standout in any garden and an exceptional choice for cut flower arrangements. Suitable for gardeners of all skill levels due to its hardy nature and ease of care.
ProCut Red Specific Care
This variety requires full sun and well-draining soil. It’s important to provide it with sufficient space to grow, as it can reach considerable heights. Regular watering, especially during dry periods, is crucial to maintain its health and vibrant blooms. Staking might be necessary in windy areas.
General Sunflower Care Tips
- Sunlight: Sunflowers need full sun to thrive, with at least 6-8 hours of direct sunlight each day.
- Soil: Plant in well-draining soil with a neutral pH. Amend soil with compost or organic matter to improve fertility.
- Watering: Water regularly, providing about 1-2 inches per week. Increase frequency during periods of high heat or drought.
- Fertilization: Apply a balanced fertilizer at the time of planting and periodically throughout the growing season.
- Pest and Disease Management: Keep an eye out for pests like aphids and diseases like rust or mildew. Treat promptly with appropriate methods.
FAQs about Procut Red
They can reach heights of 4-6 feet, depending on growing conditions.
Yes, but ensure the container is sufficiently large and has good drainage.
Plant after the last frost in spring when the soil has warmed up.
Sunflower Arrangements in Calabasas
Embark on a journey through the exquisite beauty of our sunflower arrangements at Calabasas Blooms and place your order today. Immerse yourself in the convenience of our same-day flower delivery service, catering to Calabasas and its neighboring areas. Elevate any occasion with our stunning blooms, meticulously arranged to enhance your special moments.