Ring of Fire Sunflower
Ring of Fire Sunflower: Fast Facts
- Name: Ring of Fire Sunflower
- Bred By: Developed by professional breeders focusing on unique sunflower varieties
- Introduced: Specific year of introduction is not commonly known
- Growth Habit: Upright and tall, typically reaching heights of 5-7 feet
- Blooms: Striking and vibrant with a dark center surrounded by bright red or orange petals
- Color: Deep red or orange petals with a dark brown or black center
- Foliage: Large, dark green leaves
- Flowering Time: Late summer to early fall
- Climate: Thrives in warm climates with full sun, but can adapt to various conditions
- Disease Resistance: Generally good, but monitor for common sunflower pests
- Growing Classification: Annual
- Origin/Distribution: Bred for ornamental use and widely available in various regions
- Blooming Season: Late summer to early fall
Should you Buy One?
The Ring of Fire Sunflower is a stunning choice for gardeners who want to make a bold statement in their garden. Its dramatic red or orange petals and dark center create a captivating visual effect. While it requires some attention to its height and staking in windy areas, this sunflower can be a centerpiece in your garden, attracting attention and admiration
Ring of Fire Sunflower Specific Care
This sunflower thrives in full sunlight and well-draining soil. Due to its tall growth, staking is often necessary to prevent the stems from bending or breaking. Regular watering, especially during dry spells, is crucial to maintain its health and vibrant blooms.
General Sunflower Care Tips
- Sunlight: Sunflowers, including the Ring of Fire, need full sun, ideally 6-8 hours daily.
- Soil: Plant in well-draining soil enriched with compost or organic matter.
- Watering: Maintain consistent moisture, providing about 1-2 inches of water per week, increasing during hot, dry periods.
- Fertilization: Apply a balanced fertilizer at planting and periodically during the growing season.
- Pest and Disease Management: Keep an eye out for common pests like aphids and diseases like mildew, and treat as needed.
FAQs about Ring of Fire Sunflower
They can reach heights of 5-7 feet, depending on growing conditions.
While it’s possible, the tall stature of Ring of Fire Sunflowers makes them more suitable for garden beds.
Yes, like other sunflowers, they can attract bees and other pollinators to your garden.
Sunflower Arrangements in Calabasas
Explore the exquisite beauty of our rose arrangements in Calabasas and place your order today. Experience the convenience of our same-day flower delivery service, serving Calabasas and its neighboring areas. Elevate any occasion with our stunning blooms, thoughtfully arranged for your special moments.