Strawberry Blonde Sunflower
Strawberry Blonde Sunflower: Fast Facts
- Name: Strawberry Blonde Sunflower
- Bred By: Developed by professional breeders specializing in sunflower varieties
- Introduced: Specific year of introduction is not commonly known
- Growth Habit: Upright and tall, typically reaching heights of 5-7 feet
- Blooms: Unique and striking with pale yellow to creamy petals and a reddish-brown center
- Color: Pale yellow to creamy petals with a reddish-brown or maroon center
- Foliage: Large, dark green leaves
- Flowering Time: Late summer to early fall
- Climate: Thrives in warm climates with full sun, but can adapt to various conditions
- Disease Resistance: Generally good, but monitor for common sunflower pests
- Growing Classification: Annual
- Origin/Distribution: Bred for ornamental use and widely available in various regions
- Blooming Season: Late summer to early fall
Should you Buy One?
The Strawberry Blonde Sunflower is a unique and captivating addition to any garden. Its unusual coloration, with pale yellow to creamy petals and a reddish-brown center, creates a distinctive and eye-catching display. Whether used as a focal point, in borders, or in cut flower arrangements, this sunflower variety adds a touch of elegance and charm to gardens and is suitable for gardeners of all experience levels.
Strawberry Blonde Sunflower Specific Care
To ensure the health and vibrancy of Strawberry Blonde Sunflowers, provide them with full sunlight and well-draining soil. Due to their tall growth, staking may be necessary to prevent bending or breaking of stems. Consistent watering, particularly during dry spells, is essential to support their growth and maintain the unique coloration of the petals.
General Sunflower Care Tips
- Sunlight: Sunflowers, including Strawberry Blonde, require full sun, ideally 6-8 hours daily.
- Soil: Plant in well-draining soil enriched with compost or organic matter.
- Watering: Maintain consistent moisture, providing about 1-2 inches of water per week, increasing during hot, dry periods.
- Fertilization: Apply a balanced fertilizer at planting and periodically during the growing season.
- Pest and Disease Management: Keep an eye out for common pests like aphids and diseases like mildew, and treat as needed.
FAQs about Strawberry Blonde Sunflower
The petals of Strawberry Blonde Sunflowers typically maintain their pale yellow to creamy color with a reddish-brown center as they mature.
They can reach heights of 5-7 feet, depending on growing conditions.
While it’s possible, the tall stature of Strawberry Blonde Sunflowers makes them more suitable for garden beds.
Sunflower Arrangements in Calabasas
Explore the exquisite beauty of our rose arrangements in Calabasas and place your order today. Experience the convenience of our same-day flower delivery service, serving Calabasas and its neighboring areas. Elevate any occasion with our stunning blooms, thoughtfully arranged for your special moments.