Sun-Fill Green Sunflower
Sun-Fill Green Sunflower: Fast Facts
- Name: Sun-Fill Green
- Bred By: Not widely publicized; typically developed by breeders specializing in unique sunflower varieties
- Introduced: Exact year of introduction not commonly known
- Growth Habit: Upright, usually reaching heights of 4-6 feet
- Blooms: Unique, featuring green bracts instead of traditional petals, surrounding a central disk
- Color: Primarily green, with a central disk that can be yellow or green
- Foliage: Large, coarse, dark green leaves
- Flowering Time: Typically blooms in mid to late summer
- Climate: Adaptable to a variety of climates but thrives best in warm conditions with full sun
- Disease Resistance: Generally robust but should be monitored for common sunflower pests and diseases
- Growing Classification: Annual
- Origin/Distribution: Developed for ornamental use, available
- Blooming Season: Summer to early fall
Should you Buy One?
The Sun-Fill Green sunflower is an excellent addition for those seeking a distinctive and visually intriguing element in their garden. Its unique green blooms provide an unusual aesthetic compared to traditional sunflowers, making it a standout choice for ornamental gardens or as a conversation piece. It’s also fairly easy to grow, making it suitable for gardeners of varying experience levels.
Sun-Fill Green Specific Care
This sunflower variety thrives in full sun and requires well-draining soil. Regular watering is essential, especially in dry conditions, to maintain its health and vibrant green coloration. Due to its height, it may need staking in windy locations to prevent stem breakage.
General Sunflower Care Tips
- Sunlight Needs: Sunflowers, including Sun-Fill Green, require full sun, ideally 6-8 hours daily.
- Soil Requirements: Well-draining soil enriched with compost or organic matter is ideal.
- Watering Regimen: Provide consistent moisture, about 1-2 inches of water per week, increasing during hot or dry periods.
- Fertilization: A balanced fertilizer can be applied during planting and periodically through the growing season.
- Pest and Disease Control: Keep an eye out for common issues like aphids and mildew, and use appropriate treatments when necessary.
FAQs about Sun-Fill Green
No, they typically do not produce harvestable seeds as their flower structure is different from traditional sunflowers.
They grow fairly quickly, reaching full height and blooming in mid to late summer, depending on when they are planted.
Absolutely, their unique appearance and color make them an excellent choice for modern and striking floral arrangements.
Sunflower Arrangements in Calabasas
Embark on a journey through the exquisite beauty of our sunflower arrangements at Calabasas Blooms and place your order today. Immerse yourself in the convenience of our same-day flower delivery service, catering to Calabasas and its neighboring areas. Elevate any occasion with our stunning blooms, meticulously arranged to enhance your special moments.