Teddy Bear Sunflower
Teddy Bear Sunflower: Fast Facts
- Name: Teddy Bear Sunflower
- Bred By: Developed by professional breeders specializing in sunflower varieties
- Introduced: Specific year of introduction is not commonly known
- Growth Habit: Compact and bushy, typically reaching heights of 2-3 feet
- Blooms: Small and fluffy, with golden-yellow petals
- Color: Vibrant golden-yellow petals with a dark brown or black center
- Foliage: Green leaves, smaller in size compared to larger sunflower varieties
- Flowering Time: Late summer to early fall
- Climate: Thrives in warm climates with full sun, but can adapt to various conditions
- Disease Resistance: Generally good, but monitor for common sunflower pests
- Growing Classification: Annual
- Origin/Distribution: Bred for ornamental use and widely available in various regions
- Blooming Season: Late summer to early fall
Should you Buy One?
The Teddy Bear Sunflower is a charming and compact addition to any garden. Its small and fluffy blooms, reminiscent of teddy bear fur, bring a touch of whimsy and playfulness to your outdoor space. This sunflower variety is perfect for smaller gardens, containers, or as an eye-catching border plant. It’s easy to grow and can be enjoyed by gardeners of all experience levels.
Teddy Bear Sunflower Specific Care
To ensure the health and vibrancy of Teddy Bear Sunflowers, provide them with full sunlight and well-draining soil. While they are more compact, they may benefit from light staking or support to prevent bending. Consistent watering, particularly during dry spells, is essential to support their growth and maintain the golden-yellow color of the petals.
General Sunflower Care Tips
- Sunlight: Sunflowers, including Teddy Bear, require full sun, ideally 6-8 hours daily.
- Soil: Plant in well-draining soil enriched with compost or organic matter.
- Watering: Maintain consistent moisture, providing about 1-2 inches of water per week, increasing during hot, dry periods.
- Fertilization: Apply a balanced fertilizer at planting and periodically during the growing season.
- Pest and Disease Management: Keep an eye out for common pests like aphids and diseases like mildew, and treat as needed.
FAQs about Teddy Bear Sunflower
Yes, their compact size makes them suitable for containers and smaller gardens.
Yes, like other sunflowers, they can attract bees and other pollinators to your garden.
While their blooms are smaller, they can still be used in cut flower arrangements, adding a unique touch.
Sunflower Arrangements in Calabasas
Embark on a journey through the exquisite beauty of our sunflower arrangements at Calabasas Blooms and place your order today. Immerse yourself in the convenience of our same-day flower delivery service, catering to Calabasas and its neighboring areas. Elevate any occasion with our stunning blooms, meticulously arranged to enhance your special moments.