Tiger Eye Sunflower
Tiger Eye Sunflower: Fast Facts
- Name: Tiger Eye Sunflower
- Bred By: Developed by professional breeders specializing in sunflower varieties
- Introduced: Specific year of introduction is not commonly known
- Growth Habit: Upright and tall, typically reaching heights of 5-7 feet
- Blooms: Unique and striking with dark centers and golden-yellow petals streaked with red or burgundy
- Color: Golden-yellow petals streaked with red or burgundy with a dark brown or black center
- Foliage: Large, dark green leaves
- Flowering Time: Late summer to early fall
- Climate: Thrives in warm climates with full sun, but can adapt to various conditions
- Disease Resistance: Generally good, but monitor for common sunflower pests
- Growing Classification: Annual
- Origin/Distribution: Bred for ornamental use and widely available in various regions
- Blooming Season: Late summer to early fall
Should you Buy One?
The Tiger Eye Sunflower is a unique and captivating addition to any garden. Its distinctive coloration, with golden-yellow petals streaked with red or burgundy, creates a visually stunning and eye-catching display. Whether used as a focal point, in borders, or in cut flower arrangements, this sunflower variety adds a touch of elegance and charm to gardens and is suitable for gardeners of all experience levels.
Tiger Eye Sunflower Specific Care
To ensure the health and vibrancy of Tiger Eye Sunflowers, provide them with full sunlight and well-draining soil. Due to their tall growth, staking may be necessary to prevent bending or breaking of stems. Consistent watering, particularly during dry spells, is essential to support their growth and maintain the unique coloration of the petals.
General Sunflower Care Tips
- Soil: Plant in well-drained soil.
- Sunlight: Require full sun (at least 6-8 hours a day).
- Watering: Water deeply but infrequently, more so when the plant is young or during dry periods.
- Fertilization: A light application of a balanced fertilizer at planting can promote growth, but over-fertilization should be avoided.
FAQs about Tiger Eye Sunflower
The unique coloration of Tiger Eye Sunflowers typically remains consistent as they mature.
They can reach heights of 5-7 feet, depending on growing conditions.
While it’s possible, the tall stature of Tiger Eye Sunflowers makes them more suitable for garden beds.
Sunflower Arrangements in Calabasas
Embark on a journey through the exquisite beauty of our sunflower arrangements at Calabasas Blooms and place your order today. Immerse yourself in the convenience of our same-day flower delivery service, catering to Calabasas and its neighboring areas. Elevate any occasion with our stunning blooms, meticulously arranged to enhance your special moments.